Yep, another expansion pack.
REDWOOD CITY, CA — January 17, 2008 — Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the newest expansion pack from The Sims™ Label, The Sims™ 2 FreeTime. This expansion pack offers your Sims a full suite of all-new activities and hobbies to enrich their lives. Your Sims can build their skills and enhance friendships by exploring new pursuits based on their personal interests, helping them live life to the fullest.
“Players of The Sims love to bring stories to life by exploring new and wonderful areas of their Sims’ existence,” said Rod Humble, Head of The Sims Studio. “Now with The Sims 2 FreeTime, your Sims can explore a range of interests to discover new fun and appealing life options and diversions. Realizing these all-new talents adds depth, humor and appreciation for the moments that make life entertaining.”
It’s all about fun, personal development for your Sims in The Sims 2 FreeTime. Sims can follow their individual interests, whether it’s immersing themselves in books, becoming an award-winning foodie, flying a remote-controlled helicopter or playing the violin. Gifted mechanics can repair and then drive their newly-renovated sports cars. Sims can rake in oodles of Simoelons with skillfully crafted pottery or by writing a mesmerizing novel.
Cool careers bring happiness and fulfillment to your Sims and your storytelling opportunities expand. New cool career options await, including oceanography, architecture, and entertainment. Now by honing their talents, your Sims can unlock a secondary aspiration making them even more unique.
· New Gameplay Elements Tied to Hobbies. Your Sims can discover the activities that they’re most passionate about! Sims can now participate in contests to win prizes and Simoleons, or they can master interests, practice and improve their skills, and get in “the zone!” Your Sims can enrich their lives by creating items to use or sell, like pottery or cars. These new hobbies can strengthen friendships and uncover secret lots.
· New Lifetime Aspiration Meter. Your Sims can measure the progress of their aspirations over a lifetime and unlock special rewards and interactions!
· Five New Career Tracks and their Reward Objects. Oceanographers can earn a koi pond, entertainers can get their own star of fame, architects can use their own drafting table, dancers can receive a ballet barre and intelligence agents can use an audio augmenter earpiece.
· All New Objects and Outfits. The Sims 2 FreeTime introduces brand new items, including a basketball hoop, pottery wheel, toddler activity table, modular synthesizer, hobby train table and much more. Your Sims can also have new outfits to match their hobbies and activities, including a special outfit that was designed and created by a player of The Sims 2 that will be produced by H&M.Product Specifications
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Electronic Arts Redwood Shores
Ship Date: US: February 26, 2008
Europe: February 22, 2008
· PC expansion pack*
ESRB Rating: T for Teen with descriptors of Crude Humor, Sexual Themes, Violence
PEGI Rating: 12+
* Requires The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Special DVD Edition , The Sims 2 Holiday Edition or The Sims 2 Deluxe for PC to play.
About The Sims
The Sims franchise celebrates an impressive 90 million units sold life-to-date since its inception with The Sims launch in February 2000. Translated into 22 different languages, The Sims franchise has quickly become a universal gaming and cultural phenomenon. For the latest information about The Sims franchise, please visit http://www.thesims.com. To check out the hottest The Sims 2 creations made by our community members, please visit http://www.thesims2.com.
Add Your Comments!
Please keep your comments relevant to this news article. Promotional and inappropriate comments may be removed at our discretion.
You must enter a valid email address. You will be sent an email with a link you must click to confirm your comment. Your comment will not be visible until you do so. Your email address will be kept confidential, and will never be displayed or shared.