SEATTLE – October 28, 2011 - WXP Games has launched Xotic, a unique, hybrid, first-person shooter (FPS) arcade-style game with a sci-fi twist. Independently launched, the PC Game for Windows at $9.99 is resonating with gamers as an incredible value and a game worth playing—a standout amidst a genre of like-minded games.
“Players are really getting into the creativity and uniqueness of Xotic,” said Lyndon Sumner, design director of WXP Games. “Xotic is unlike any other game of its kind- it blends FPS action and arcade-style compulsion towards achieving ever-higher scores. It’s all wrapped up with trippy visuals, set in a bio-diverse alien environment that you can even fly in.”
Xotic differs from standard FPS games that have players running around, shooting up soldiers with mechanical guns. Enter Xotic: an exceptionally vibrant arcade-style FPS with unique chain-reaction gameplay and point multiplier mechanics that come together to form a remarkable hybrid. In Xotic players explore a unique bio-diverse environment while aiming to rack up millions of points and a spot at the top of the leaderboards. In addition, the game features incredible replay value as each level requires precision, strategy and practice to maximize the point-scoring potential. Like a great arcade shmup or racing game, each level offers nearly infinite opportunity to improve your score with every playthrough.
“Hands down the most fun I’ve had in ages. It should be illegal to sell this kind of fun for ten dollars,” said Xotic customer LordGurciullo. “The innovative Hologram riding game mechanic (you can create platforms at any time) is absolutely wonderful with the fast-paced gameplay.”
Players blast their way through 23 cunning levels as they face the minions of the Orb and detonate chain reactions to maximize their score. The object is to race to complete each level as quickly as possible to maximize the time bonus, all while collecting powerups, point multipliers and hidden secrets!
• Shoot Your Way to the Top: Blast everything you can in each level to score points, but to get to the top of the leaderboards, you’ll need to carefully plan your shots and keep those chains going
• RPG Elements: Earn XP as you play and use it wisely to upgrade your skills, like Barkskin and Absorption, and weapons, including Rocket Flies and Virus
• The Hard Hologram Device: A brand new never before seen game mechanic is introduced with this awesome tool. Use it to deploy shields to stop enemy shots or as floating platforms which give access to incredible heights making the game a vertical shooter.
• Powerups: Grab Speed Shot, Double/Triple Points, Double Damage, and Flight amongst other powerups to give yourself a boost at just the right time to get max points
• Keep the point chain alive: Keep shooting Scab plants to keep the meter full and maintain your point multiplier. Complete a level in a single chain for the PERFECT CHAIN bonus!
• Your weapon is alive and has wings! The symbiotic Macroterra can be outfitted with 8 different modes of fire, it also has wings, which allow you to loft into the air to reach strategic locations and grab more points!
Play the free demo at www.xoticgame.com. Developed and published by WXP Games, Xotic is rated T for Teen (Animated Blood, Violence) by the ESRB. It costs $9.99 and is available on Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/app/92600/. In the future, Xotic will launch on other gaming consoles.
Add Your Comments!
Please keep your comments relevant to this news article. Promotional and inappropriate comments may be removed at our discretion.
You must enter a valid email address. You will be sent an email with a link you must click to confirm your comment. Your comment will not be visible until you do so. Your email address will be kept confidential, and will never be displayed or shared.